#BtheChange at Shared Value Solutions - our BCorp team members on a break from strategic environmental assessment and Aboriginal traditional knowledge study work - investigating community, environmental and climate change impacts in connection with a northern Ontario gold mining project. L to R: Nichole Fraser-MacDonald, M.Sc., Kathleen "Kat" Ryan, M.Sc., Trieneke Gastmeier, M.A., Frances Dietrich O'Connor, M.Sc. Emily Ferguson, B.A.
B Corporation and The B Team = B-reakthrough for Net Zero Economy
On January 19, 2015, in Davos at the World Economic Forum, BCorporation joined the B Team, creating a new partnership that will encourage all B Team members to measure what matters and link B Corps to the remarkable Plan B movement that uses business as a force for good. (What Does a B Corp Look Like?)
The media release: "The B Team was founded in 2012 by Sir Richard Branson and Jochan Zeitz with the hope of bringing together global business leaders to change “business as usual.” Much like B Lab and B Corporations, the founders and members of the B Team see opportunities for businesses to change the world for the better—opportunities that most businesses are missing, or don’t know how to take advantage of. We also share the belief that not only can businesses join non-profits and governments in the work of creating a better world, but that they must if we are to see success."
A key driver for Plan B is to bring about a thriving, net-zero carbon, restorative economy. Plan B gets businesses to reduce their environmental impacts and invest in new business models that help regenerate the environment.
2015: Big Year for the Net Zero Economy
Both in our home base of Ontario and globally, 2015 is a key year for advancing climate policy and bolstering the transition toward a low carbon economy.
In December 2015, COP21 - the United Nations Climate Change Conference - will be held in Paris, France. Leading up to COP21, Ontario is hosting the Climate Summit of the Americas in July. Held at the same time as the Pan American Economic Summit in Toronto, the climate summit will bring together government, industry and environmental leaders recognized for their efforts to fight climate change and raise awareness of its risks and opportunities.
Both B Corps and the B Team understand that taking bold climate action makes good business sense. There is huge momentum in 2015 for B Corps and B Team businesses to seize opportunities to act on climate change and bring benefits to our customers, our communities, and our bottom-line business performance.
We Can "B-the-Change"
At Shared Value Solutions, in 2015, as part of our B Corp commitment, we are taking action within our own company to reduce our emissions and environmental impact. This includes reducing our own business footprint and reaching out to our "client-community ecosystem" to drive further reductions in emissions and environmental impacts.
Here are five of our 2015 actions:
The BCorps and the B Team partnership is the beginning of a B-eautiful friendship. We look forward to working with partners across both global movements to #BtheChange.
At the World Economic Summit, 2015 - Virgin founder and B Team Leader Sir Richard Branson, left, United Nations Special Adviser on Post-2015 Development Planning Amina Mohammed, and Coldplay singer Chris Martin for a #snowmanselfie for action on poverty, inequality and climate change
About Us - Shared Value Solutions Ltd.:
Businesses and organizations are made up of people. So are communities. Imagine a world where people in industry and government, and people from towns of all sizes, get together to make amazing things happen – things they couldn’t have dreamed up alone. A world where people from corporations get together with people in government or NGOs to explore innovative ways to do business while enhancing the natural and social environment. Join us in Creating Shared Value!
At Shared Value Solutions, we speak your language. And we know that the impossible is possible – with the right people in the circle.
We are an Ontario B Corp and we bring the best engineering, design, environment, architecture and other technical discipline expertise to address your challenges and opportunities:
- Strategic Environmental Assessment guidance, coordination and support
- Collaborative land and resource use planning and management- process design and delivery
- Traditional Ecological Knowledge Studies & Traditional Knowledge Studies
- Traditional Land Use Studies (TLUS)/ Traditional Land Use and Occupancy Mapping
- Design and delivery of programs promoting/supporting positive behaviour change- environmental stewardship, community-based social marketing, health/environmental health promotion
- Contributing human environment considerations to technical assessments and management plans in sectors such as water resources, remediation, land use, mining, oil & gas, linear corridor development, forestry, renewable energy, nuclear waste, contaminated sites, brownfield redevelopment, watershed planning, drought planning, water use planning, waste management and waste diversion
- Aboriginal and Industry Partnerships working with First Nation, Inuit and Métis communities
- Value Engineering & Value Analysis: we facilitate project teams to optimize a project by understanding functions, objectives, costs and social, cultural and environmental considerations.