Can you believe it's that time of year again? The annual mayhem and wonder that is the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada’s (PDAC) annual convention is around the corner from March 3rd to March 6th in Toronto. This year's SVS participants include
If we don't meet you on the floor, we hope to see you on Tuesday afternoon at the Aboriginal Program, when SVS co-hosts a panel titled, It's Complicated: Company-Community Dynamics in IBA Negotiations and Implementation. More on that soon.
The Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) is the leading voice of the mineral exploration and development community. With over 8,000 members around the world, the PDAC’s mission is to promote a globally responsible, vibrant and sustainable minerals industry. As the trusted representative of the sector, PDAC encourages best practices in technical, operational, environmental, safety and social performance.
PDAC’s International Convention is the world’s leading convention for people, companies and organizations in, or connected with, mining. Over 900 exhibitors and 22,000 attendees from 125 countries will convene, exchange knowledge regarding a myriad of subjects related to mineral exploration and mining operations around the world. We’ll be actively participating in the Aboriginal Affairs and Corporate Social Responsibility programs.
If you or your colleagues are going, please drop us a line so we can connect!
Follow our tweets @SharedValueCA!
About PDAC: http://www.pdac.ca/about-pdac
About the convention: http://www.pdac.ca/convention
About the Aboriginal Affairs program: http://www.pdac.ca/convention/programming/aboriginal-program
About the Corporate Social Responsibility program: http://www.pdac.ca/onvention/programming/csr-event-series
To receive updates about news and other updates from our office directly to your inbox, sign up for our newsletter!
About Us - Shared Value Solutions
SVS is a Canadian B Corp, and we assist Indigenous communities with support throughout regulatory processes surrounding major development projects like mines, hydroelectric facilities, transmission lines, highway expansions, oil and gas pipelines, natural resource transport applications and nuclear power.
We have deep context and experience behind the recommendations we provide, having worked for our clients on almost every major project in Canada over the last 10 years. For us, it’s all about building long-term relationships with our clients. We want to get to know you and what you want to do so we can help you move your plans forward.
- Reviews of Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements
- Indigenous Land Use Studies, Indigenous Knowledge Studies, Indigenous Ecological Knowledge Studies, Community Cultural Values Mapping
- Strategic Regulatory and Environmental Assessment Process Support
- First Nation Environmental Management Planning
- Indigenous Guardian Programs
- First Nation Land Code communities
- Impact Benefit Agreements: technical and regulatory support for negotiations
- Indigenous Jurisdiction initiatives: joint management agreements and co-management agreements
- Community-based Indigenous environmental monitoring
- Indigenous Land Use Planning
- Participant funding negotiation and application support
- Multimedia Storytelling