Can a small Canadian business from Guelph, Ontario be a Best for the World Changemaker? YES. B Corps are redefining the way business is done by including solving social and environmental problems in a company's bottom line. Each year B Lab highlights a number of top performing B Corps in their Best for the World Listand this year SVS is proud to share we are one of the honourees!
Shared Value Solutions Ltd. is proud to be part of this growing movement and excited to share that we've been included in B Lab's 2017 Best for the World list in the CHANGEMAKERS category! We are excited to continue serving our clients all while having fun, doing good, making money, and doing good work.
“It’s bullshit that businesses don’t have a responsibility to the world.”
Rose Marcario, CEO of Patagonia (a B Corp)
Here are 5 ways to become a #BestForTheWorld company:
1) Become a BCorp! As a BCorp, you can differentiate your business, generate press, attract investors and engage talent. Certified B CorporationsTM redefine success in business. Individually, B Corps meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability, and aspire to use the power of markets to solve social and environmental problems. Collectively, B Corps lead a growing global movement of people using business as a force for goodTM. Through the power of their collective voice, one day all companies will compete to be best for the worldTM, and society will enjoy a more shared and durable prosperity for all. Learn more to Become a BCorp.
2) Earn an overall score in the top 10% of all Certified B Corporations on the B Impact Assessment, a rigorous and comprehensive assessment of a company's impact on its workers, community, and the environment.
3) Go above and beyond in pursuit of positive impact and be a top performer in an already exceptional group of global Certified B Corporations. The B Impact Assessment evaluates companies on their impact on:
- the environment,
- their workers,
- their customers, and
- their communities;
- they also all meet the highest standards of accountability and transparency.
4) Be a leader in growing global movement of people using business as a force for good. The Top Three Issues BCorps are tackling around the world are:
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Renewable
- Prioritize Employee Wellness
- Formalize Policies - take your positive intentions and preserve them through company policies or make them public.
5) Disrupt, innovate, reform and be part of the solution. Go way beyond simple commitments to corporate social responsibility. By certifying as B Corporations, companies can transparently and comparatively measure, track and improve their impact on people and the environment. B Corps must meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability, and aspire to use the power of markets to solve social and environmental problems.
Now - get started! Take a look at some of our previous posts on these subjects:
“Remember — social change is a team sport.”
Jay Coen Gilbert, B Lab Co-Founder
About Us - Shared Value Solutions Ltd.:
We are an Ontario B Corp, and we assist Indigenous communities, and Indigenous joint ventures and equity partnerships, with regulatory advice, negotiation and business strategy, relevant supporting studies, and technical reviews related to major development projects such as mines, hydroelectric facilities, transmission lines, highway expansions, oil and gas pipelines, and nuclear power. We also assist “enlightened” industry proponents – companies that really understand and embrace their responsibility to the environment, community, and creating shared value with the people their operations affect.
For us, it’s all about building long-term relationships with our clients. We want to get to know you and what you want to do so we can help you move your plans forward. We have deep context and experience behind the recommendations we provide, having worked for our clients on almost every major project in Canada over the last 10 years.
At Shared Value Solutions, we speak your language. And we know that the impossible is possible – with the right people in the circle.
We bring the best engineering, design, environment, architecture and other technical discipline expertise to address your challenges and opportunities:
Community Consultation and Engagement
Indigenous Private Sector Business Partnerships
- Community Cultural Values Mapping
- Technical and regulatory support for Indigenous Commercial Fisheries
- Indigenous land use planning in collaboration with First Nation, Inuit and Métis peoples
- Applying Indigenous traditional knowledge in environmental assessments
- Technical and regulatory support for negotiating Impact Benefit Agreements
- Support for Indigenous jurisdiction initiatives, including joint management agreements and co-management agreements
We understand the big picture and what is at stake.
We’ve learned that from you.
Shared Value Solutions ® is a trademark registered by Shared Value Solutions Ltd.