We’re Hiring: Marketing Consultant – Short Term Contract
Are you looking for a fast-paced work environment where you can take initiative, think outside the box and work with people who are striving to make a difference in the world? Apply now to help our team of human environment consultants roll out our marketing and brand management strategy through the Fall of 2015.
Shared Value Solutions (SVS) is seeking a short-term contractor to work in our Guelph, Ontario, Office. The ideal person will be highly creative and align with our values to have fun, make money, do good and do good work.
Our core business is in Environmental Assessment support and strategy; oral history, land use and occupancy studies; Aboriginal and private sector business partnerships; community consultation and engagement; and multimedia Storytelling. We need your help telling the story to the world!
- Develop ‘project sheets’ to highlight each of SVS’ past projects
- Enhance SVS’ social media presence (twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Update SVS website content and layout
- Support in writing blog posts
- Assist in the creation of brochures and other promotional materials
- Assist in the creation of design elements as needed
- Possible event planning and promotion
- Possible need for help with audio/video projects depending on skillset
- Bring great ideas forward
- Smart, fun, goal oriented, and driven by integrity
- Related professional experience
- Formal training in Marketing, PR, Communications or related field
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (CS5 or higher)
- Graphic design and knowledge of InDesign Software
- Exceptional written and oral communication a must
- Intercultural sensitivities
- Willingness to learn and to give and receive feedback
- Website development experience an asset
- Familiarity with HubSpot software or similar marketing software an asset
- Knowledge of audio/video capture and editing an asset
Terms of Contract
A 3-month contract term at 32 hours per week. Compensation will be at a rate of $17.00 per hour. The position could act as an internship or co-op depending on the needs of the successful applicant.
Please send your resume via email – with “Marketing Contract” in the subject line – to:
Nichole Fraser MacDonald, HR & Managing Partner, SVS
About Us - Shared Value Solutions Ltd.:
Businesses and organizations are made up of people. So are communities. Imagine a world where people in industry and government, and people from towns of all sizes, get together to make amazing things happen – things they couldn’t have dreamed up alone. A world where people from corporations get together with people in government or NGOs to explore innovative ways to do business while enhancing the natural and social environment. Join us in Creating Shared Value!
At Shared Value Solutions, we speak your language. And we know that the impossible is possible – with the right people in the circle.
We are an Ontario B Corp and we bring the best engineering, design, environment, architecture and other technical discipline expertise to address your challenges and opportunities:
- Strategic Environmental Assessment guidance, coordination and support
- Collaborative land and resource use planning and management- process design and delivery
- Traditional Ecological Knowledge Studies & Traditional Knowledge Studies
- Traditional Land Use Studies (TLUS)/ Traditional Land Use and Occupancy Mapping
- Certified BEAHR Training for Aboriginal Environmental Monitors
- Design and delivery of programs promoting/supporting positive behaviour change- environmental stewardship, community-based social marketing, health/environmental health promotion, Aboriginal community energy plan initiatives
- Contributing human environment considerations to technical assessments and management plans in sectors such as water resources, remediation, land use, mining, oil & gas, linear corridor development, forestry, renewable energy, nuclear waste, contaminated sites, brownfield redevelopment, watershed planning, drought planning, water use planning, waste management and waste diversion
- Aboriginal and Industry Partnerships working with First Nation, Inuit and Métis communities
- Value Engineering & Value Analysis: we facilitate project teams to optimize a project by understanding functions, objectives, costs and social, cultural and environmental considerations.