Are you detailed-oriented or have a knack for noticing the small (but important) details? Are you a self-starter who thrives in independent environments with lttle to no supervision? Do you have an interest in learning more about how humans and the natural environment interact?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above then becoming an SVS transcriber will be a great fit for you! Shared Value Solutions is hiring for a number of short term, part time contracts to transcribe Indigenous Knowledge, land use, and occupancy interviews that our researchers are conducting in Aboriginal communities across Canada.
Term: approximately June 2016 – September 2016, with possibility of extension and future contracting
Reimbursement: $20 /hour
Hours/ week: 12 hours/ week minimum
- strict attention to detail
- patience and focus
- efficient at typing
- flexibility of schedule and commitment to quick turn around
- technical abilities (to accept audio files and use transcription software)
- ability to follow templates effectively
- great attitude and open to feedback
- knowledge of Metis, First Nation and/or Inuit communities in Canada and knowledge of terminology related to ecology, environmental law, environmental approvals processes, the Duty to Consult, and Indigenous Knowledge would also be an asset
- Reporting to supervisors on a weekly basis through written reports and teleconferences
- Working closely with consultants and professional advisors to facilitate and coordinate activities.
- use of your own laptop
- respect for privacy laws (confidentiality agreement to be signed)
Experience transcribing qualitative research interviews, including the use of transcription equipment, is an asset. Transcription software and a training tutorial will be provided
Contracts will be carried out through 2016. The position is dependent on confirmation of funding.
About Shared Value Solutions
SVS is a small consulting firm based in Guelph, Ontario, that does work across Canada. Our core business is in environmental and resource management planning, socio-economic and traditional knowledge research, community economic development, consultation and community engagement, collaborative problem-solving and strategic alliance services. We believe the desire to collaborate is innately human. We assist Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities and private sector companies in coming together to create shared value for all parties involved. Our mission is to “have fun, make money, do good, and do good work”. For more information: www.sharedvaluesolutions.com and www.facebook.com/SharedValueSolutions.