Looking for a fast-paced opportunity to explore innovation and make a difference with your work? This might be the job for you.
Shared Value Solutions (SVS) is seeking a qualified water resources engineer or scientist with at least five years of relevant professional experience to assist us with:
- reviews of environmental assessment reports, regulatory plans, and permits
- the design of water quality, hydrologic, and watershed monitoring and assessment programs
- training of Indigenous community members in watershed, hydrologic, and water quality monitoring and assessment techniques
- meetings and consultations with industry and government representatives, providing expertise in water resources issues
Some experience with the Duty to Consult and the incorporation of Indigenous knowledge in environmental processes would be strong assets. The ideal person will be highly entrepreneurial and align with our relationship-based approach to business development.
Salary and benefits are competitive and negotiable.
Mandatory Qualifications and Experience
The applicant will at a minimum meet the following mandatory qualifications and experience-
- At least 5 years professional experience in the water resources service areas listed above
- Masters Degree in water resources engineering, environmental science, physical geography, or an equivalent field
- Experience designing, leading, and conducting baseline and other water quality, aquatic ecosystem health, and hydrologic field studies in lotic and lentic environments, as part of environmental assessment or other regulatory applications
- Knowledge of and experience applying hydrologic and water quality predictive modelling for environmental impact assessment purposes, particularly assimilative capacity modelling
- Experience in the design of water resources monitoring and assessment programs at site and watershed scales
- Knowledge of wastewater treatment applications for industrial wastewater
- Strong plain language and technical written and oral communications proficiency, including technical report writing and presentations, and presentations for non-technical audiences
- Interest in and respect for Indigenous culture and history
- Experience effectively managing projects with budgets of at least $50,000
- Experience managing and leading interdisciplinary teams
- Experience representing clients or government agencies in correspondence, meetings and consultations related to environmental assessments or other environmental regulatory processes
- Entrepreneurial spirit, including an interest in and experience with relationship-based approaches to business development
- Experience teaching and training others in water resources issues and assessment methods
- Experience working directly for or with First Nation, Métis and/or Inuit communities or organizations in Canada
- Experience working in the consulting sector as a water resources specialist
- Tribunal or regulatory board hearing experience
- Knowledge of and experience with GIS and database applications
- Experience with communal water treatment system design and evaluation
- Other asset qualifications include: land use planning, communication and consultation programs, working with Indigenous knowledge (aka “traditional knowledge”), community economic development, conflict resolution, multimedia story-telling, creative facilitation approaches
Please send your resume via email to:Nichole Fraser MacDonald Managing Partner, Shared Value SolutionsHR@sharedvaluesolutions.com
We will continue to accept applications until we find the right candidate.
About Shared Value Solutions
SVS is a small, rapidly growing 20-person environmental and community development consulting firm located in Guelph, Ontario, Canada, that works primarily for Indigenous community clients. The position will involve some travel across Canada and to northern communities.
We assist Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities and private sector companies in coming together to create shared value for all parties involved. Our mission is to “have fun, make money, do good, and do good work”. For more information: www.sharedvaluesolutions.com and www.facebook.com/SharedValueSolutions.