#PDAC Blog Series Now an eBook!
The SVS-Richter team is back again this year to bring the PDAC (Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada) Indigenous Program audience another inspiring session.
Tuesday, March 3rd:
Sharing Business Success Stories: How to make the most of opportunities both basic and complex
If you aren't coming to PDAC this year, never fear: Guest authors from each business have graciously shared their company stories over the past weeks. We have combined them into a snazzy new eBook!
eBook and PDAC Session Overview:
The number of successful, thriving Indigenous businesses that got their start connected to the resource sector is growing at an exciting rate. If you’re looking for ideas on how to take advantage of opportunities both basic and complex, this session is for you! If you’re a proponent that’s new to establishing agreements and joint ventures with Indigenous businesses and economic development entities, come learn about the intriguing opportunities that exist in the realm of Indigenous procurement.
Representatives from four dynamic businesses will share their journeys and advice. We will also take a deep look into a novel proponent-First Nation business arrangement whose partners have agreed to share their process. Learn about best practices related to contracting and business opportunities, and the increasing use of sole-source rights entitlements. When Indigenous businesses thrive, everyone wins!
- Jordan Baptiste, Director, Business Development
- Ginny Michano, President, Pawgwasheeng Economic Development Corporation
- Robert Starr, Business Project Manager, Supercom Industries
- Marsha Smoke, President, Moccasin Trails
- Alexandre Meterissian, Vice-President Government Affairs, Blackrock Metals
- Chief Curtis Bosum, Ouje-Bougoumou Cree Nation
- Facilitators: Laura Taylor, SVS and Harvey Sands, Richter
Read all the posts in the PDAC series here:
- Pawgwasheeng Economic Development Corporation
- Des Nedhe Development
- Moccasin Trails
- Supercom Industries
- BlackRock Metals and Ouje-Bougoumou Cree Nation
Like what you're reading?
About Us: Shared Value Solutions
We are an Canadian B Corp, and we assist Indigenous communities with support throughout regulatory processes surrounding major development projects like mines, hydroelectric facilities, transmission lines, highway expansions, oil and gas pipelines, natural resource transport applications and nuclear power.
We have deep context and experience behind the recommendations we provide, having worked for our clients on almost every major project in Canada over the last 10 years. For us, it’s all about building long-term relationships with our clients. We want to get to know you and what you want to do so we can help you move your plans forward.
- Reviews of Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements
- First Nation Land Code communities
- Indigenous Guardian programs
- Impact Benefit Agreements: technical and regulatory support for negotiations
- Indigenous Jurisdiction initiatives: joint management agreements and co-management agreements
- Community-based Indigenous environmental monitoring
- Indigenous Land Use Planning