Photo: Visit Jeremy Shute, Mitchell Avis and Rachel White at the OALA Conference
Do you work for an Indigenous nation and find yourself never having enough time or feeling stuck moving your projects forward? Get the inside track on how a consultant can help get your project off the ground with more than just good bang for your buck.
SVS's Jeremy Shute will be sharing the inside scoop on this topic on Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 1 PM at the annual Ontario Aboriginal Lands Association (OALA) conference. The title of our presentation is Getting the most value from your consultant.
The Ontario Aboriginal Lands Association (OALA) provides networking, peer support and training opportunities for First Nations Lands Managers in Ontario. OALA is a provincial affiliate of the National Aboriginal Lands Manager Association (NALMA). NALMA is a national organization that actively works towards enhancing the networking and communication, professional development and technical expertise of First Nations Land Management while incorporating First Nations values and beliefs.
If you or your colleagues are going, please get in touch so we can connect in person in Mississauga.
Indigenous Planning Blog Series
Lately, we have been exploring ways Indigenous communities have used the planning process to create an exciting vision for their future and a realistic roadmap to get there – and sending out some resources and ideas for you to do the same. We hope you join us for the rest of the ride. And please get in touch if there’s a topic you’d like us to explore.
Read more posts in this series:
- Five Crucial Elements Every Land Use Plan Needs
- Three Questions to a Clear Vision
- Background Info Check List
- Indigenous Planning Cheat Sheet: Five Types, Tips and Resources
- Indigenous Nations Lead the Way in Marine Planning: How to Get Involved
- How to Use Video for Maximum Impact
- Indigenous nations prepare for high waters: Floodplain Mapping
- Six Examples of Creative Engagement that Work
- Pick the Right Community Champion
- Funding Your Land Use Plan
Looking for planning help?
If you are trying to figure out how to get started, do give us a shout. We’d be happy to discuss your options and help you weigh the pros and cons of your planning options. We’re a team of self-proclaimed planning geeks who love to talk about this stuff, so don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Looking for a quick overview of some planning options you might be considering?
To receive updates about news and other updates from our office directly to your inbox, sign up for our newsletter!
About Us: Shared Value Solutions
We are a Canadian B Corp, and we assist Indigenous communities with support throughout regulatory processes surrounding major development projects like mines, hydroelectric facilities, transmission lines, highway expansions, oil and gas pipelines, natural resource transport applications and nuclear power.
We have deep context and experience behind the recommendations we provide, having worked for our clients on almost every major project in Canada over the last 10 years. For us, it’s all about building long-term relationships with our clients. We want to get to know you and what you want to do so we can help you move your plans forward.
- Reviews of Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements
- First Nation Land Code communities
- Indigenous Guardian programs
- Impact Benefit Agreements: technical and regulatory support for negotiations
- Indigenous Jurisdiction initiatives: joint management agreements and co-management agreements
- Community-based Indigenous environmental monitoring
- Indigenous Land Use Planning
- Participant funding negotiation and application support
- Multimedia Storytelling