Darrell Settee of Pimicikamak with SVS's Jeremy Shute
We regularly hear that staff in lands and resources departments of First Nations are overwhelmed by the volume of consultation requests coming in and active files they have to manage. With the additional strain of dealing with wildfire response, many of you are now left operating with a skeleton staff, attempting to work remotely, or unable to work at all.
We can help! Similar to what we offered during the COVID-19 crisis, SVS is offering, at no charge, to be your remote consultation alert solution for the next few months as your community recovers from the impact of the wildfire crisis experienced this season.
Our idea is this:
Via email with a point-person on your staff, we would screen incoming consultation requests, notifications and regulatory matters for you, flag key items that require immediate attention, and provide updates and recommendations on next steps for those key items. If this approach is useful to you, please get in touch and we can tailor a solution for your circumstances. There is no cost for this service.
It’s our way of doing what we can to help take care of things that still matter while your Nation has much bigger battles to wage. To make sure we fully understand your needs, we would work with you under a written agreement so that everything is clear for you and for us.
Get in touch: To find out more about this offer, please reach out to
Jessica Steiner, Client Liaison and Senior Project Director:
(226) 706 8888 ext. 116
If there are other ways your community could better use our team's support, please reach out.
We have come across these funding sources and are also happy to help you with the research and support needed to access these funds:
• Fire Smart: Emergency Management FireSmart program (https://hubs.ly/Q01Xj39B0)
• BCs program: FireSmart Community Funding and Supports - Province of British Columbia (https://hubs.ly/Q01XhZGV0)
• Emergency Management Assistance Program: https://hubs.ly/Q01XhYWj0
• First Nations Adapt - can be used for climate change adaptation planning (https://hubs.ly/Q01XhW-v0)
SVS offers a range of Lands and Resources / Consultation support services beyond the emergency support offer
SVS has plenty of experience supporting Lands and Resources staff in First Nations, Métis, and Inuit communities and organizations across Canada. Whether it’s supporting you in specific negotiations and consultation processes with proponents and regulators, or helping to shape environmental legislation and policy to improve the process overall. We also offer a specific range of services for Lands and Resources departments beyond the scope of this wildfire emergency support offer:
- Full service contract Lands Department:
We do it all, on contract, with full transparency and support for decision-makers in your community/organization.
- GIS services:
A full range of GIS capabilities, including remotely hosting and providing secure access for lands-focused datasets and online mapping functions within your territory.
- Consultation tracking and scheduling dashboards:
Designed to help land managers keep on top of all of the many consultation files your community is following, and to ensure you and your staff are not missing important steps and events along the way.
- Online client-branded file management, storage and retrieval systems: All of your important documents related to consultation are organized, accessible, and secure.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to support you, or if you require customized solutions. We are always open to new ways to help our clients assert their sovereignty, environmental stewardship, and jurisdiction, to pursue prosperity and community well-being.
About Us: Shared Value Solutions
We are an Canadian B Corp, and we assist Indigenous communities with support throughout regulatory processes surrounding major development projects like mines, hydroelectric facilities, transmission lines, highway expansions, oil and gas pipelines, natural resource transport applications and nuclear power.
We have deep context and experience behind the recommendations we provide, having worked for our clients on almost every major project in Canada over the last 10 years. For us, it’s all about building long-term relationships with our clients. We want to get to know you and what you want to do so we can help you move your plans forward.
- Reviews of Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements
- First Nation Land Code communities
- Indigenous Guardian programs
- Impact Benefit Agreements: technical and regulatory support for negotiations
- Indigenous Jurisdiction initiatives: joint management agreements and co-management agreements
- Community-based Indigenous environmental monitoring
- Indigenous Land Use Planning