We’re very pleased to announce that, after a stint as our fractional chief financial officer, Roman Ciecwierz has been elected chair of the board at SVS. A senior executive and entrepreneur with over 35 years of experience in all things business and financial, he has a strong vision for guiding the evolution of our company. We’ve come to know and love Roman for his ability to balance long-term strategic thinking with careful financial management. As important to us is his passion for people and clear alignment with our vision of a Canada where all peoples can reach their full potential, share prosperity, and uphold their rights. In parallel with his diverse range of business experiences, he has served on not-for-profit boards at the local, national and international levels, and is the current president and chairman of the Canadian Association of the Sovereign Order of Malta.
“SVS is a good example of an organization committed to continuous learning and to creating the best version of themselves possible, starting at the partner/shareholder level cascading through every staff level,” Roman says. “The company takes their B Corp status and their mission very seriously, and it gives me great pleasure to be given the opportunity to play a leadership role on their Board of Directors to advance board development, overall governance and facilitate future growth and success.”
High on Roman’s list of priorities is creating the board structure necessary for widening the circle to include Indigenous directors. Stay tuned for exciting developments in the near future.
About Us - Shared Value Solutions
SVS is a Canadian B Corp, and we assist Indigenous communities with support throughout regulatory processes surrounding major development projects like mines, hydroelectric facilities, transmission lines, highway expansions, oil and gas pipelines, natural resource transport applications and nuclear power.
We have deep context and experience behind the recommendations we provide, having worked for our clients on almost every major project in Canada over the last 10 years. For us, it’s all about building long-term relationships with our clients. We want to get to know you and what you want to do so we can help you move your plans forward.
- Reviews of Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements
- Indigenous Land Use Studies, Indigenous Knowledge Studies, Indigenous Ecological Knowledge Studies, Community Cultural Values Mapping
- Strategic Regulatory and Environmental Assessment Process Support
- First Nation Environmental Management Planning
- Indigenous Guardian Programs
- First Nation Land Code communities
- Impact Benefit Agreements: technical and regulatory support for negotiations
- Indigenous Jurisdiction initiatives: joint management agreements and co-management agreements
- Community-based Indigenous environmental monitoring
- Indigenous Land Use Planning
- Participant funding negotiation and application support
- Multimedia Storytelling